Monday, March 29, 2010

Post Zwei

Okay, so my birthday was yesterday, and I think it may have been the best birthday yet. My beautiful girlfriend of over a year and a half, with the help of her father, made me a cake shaped like a red dragon from D&D. It was fantastic! I'll try to remember to post some pictures later, once I have access to them. Anyway, so my girlfriend came over for a few hours and gave me a beautiful little painting to put on my desk. We then went to go eat at Rib Crib, which was DELICIOUS as always. I had the Crib Club, and got a huge dessert the size of my face for free, on account of it being my birthday. Later, after leaving, I rented a few movies and watched them all. Inglorious Basterds was an odd one. I think I liked it, but I'll have to watch it again to be sure. The Invention of Lying was good, although definitely on the predictable side. The Informant was just hard to follow, but I think that that is probably because I was both extremely tired and doing online stuff at the time I watched it.

ANYWAY, here's the real post.

First Friday Art Walk
Now that the weather is warming up a bit, walking around in downtown Springfield for Art Walk is back on the list of fun things to do. Now, this isn't something I would want to do by myself, but I love going with friends and family. It's really fun, and there are just so many things to do! Pretty much every business that relies on the general public is open for business, including, but not limited to: Galleries, boutiques, restaurants, theaters, clubs, bars, the library, shops and studios. There's lots of live music, so bring some friends, bring some cash, and enjoy the culture of downtown Springfield at it's best!

P.S.- Flame is a wonderful place to try, especially the Red Room downstairs. During Happy Hour from 4-6 monday-saturday, they have specials on some amazingly delicious burgers or calamari starting at about $3.50. You won't be dissapointed. Here's a quote I found "Before I even moved to Springfield from Kansas City, I had people tell me about the Red Room. They said it was a must-see as far as Springfield's bar/lounges go and it definitely is. They have great ambiance, a full menu, extensive wine list, awesome martini selection, and the best bartenders in Springfield. I would highly recommend the Red Room for a nice quiet date or a night out with friends. You will not be disappointed."

No comments:

Post a Comment